So, here’s my first Halloween craft (better late than never, huh?).
Look at these cute (not scary) spiders…eek! Little miss V is very easily scared by all things even remotely scary. So, by adding some googly eyes, we have some silly spiders, not scary spiders :)
And these are so very easy to make, I tell ya, just a few materials, and my printable, and you are in spider-riffic business.
- spider printable
- pipe cleaners
- pony beads
- googly eyes
- white glue
- double stick tape
- X-ACTO knife
- First, print out the spider printableon cardstock, or heavy paper. Each spider has two parts; the bottom layer to weave the pipe cleaners through, and a top layer with the spider’s design that will hide the pipe cleaners being woven through the bottom layer. Cut out both a top layer and a bottom layer for each spider you wish to make.
- Using an X-ACTO knife, cut slits on the spider bottom layer along the marked lines (see pic above).
- Weave the pipe cleaners through the slits, like the picture above. For the larger spider, I used 4 regular size pipe cleaners. For the smaller spider, I cut 2 regular size pipe cleaners in half to create 4 smaller pipe cleaners.
- Once pipe cleaners are woven through, lay your spider with the pipe-cleaner legs coming out underneath the bottom layer (like pic above).
- Place double stick tape over entire bottom layer, including the middle section of exposed pipe cleaners.
- Place the top layer on top of the tape and seal together (you may need to trim around the edges to clean it up a bit :)
- Place googly eyes on the spider head with white glue.
- Next, bend the spider legs & thread the legs with pony beads in desired colors and patterns :)
Yay – Spider-riffic fun for all!
I think ultimately it would be fun to make a bunch of these & place them on a big web in an entryway or hallway…ideas for next year :)
Do you have a little miss, or mister, who is easily scared like little miss V? If so, what kind of non-scary Halloween things do you do in your house to celebrate this scary holiday?
xx ♥ m
Terms and Conditions
The above post allows a free printable PDF download; you will need Adobe Reader to do so. It is free to download at Adobe’s website here.
Please read here before you download any of mama♥miss’s PDF files…thanks, man!