These dark chocolate dipped macaroons were de.lec.ta.ble. Oh yes they were.
Macaroons are a first for me.
I don’t ever remember having one, ever, this mama brain is drawing a blank here.
So, I thought, hmmm, why not!
Coconut and chocolate – yep you can’t go wrong with that kinda combo ;)
Hmmm I see a possible added chocolate center in the future! Too much?! Nah!
With a combo of rich dark chocolate and toasted coconut - these little bites are a sweet and delectable combination.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat an 8-inch square cake pan with non-stick spray. Next line pan with two pieces of parchment paper in both directions, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- In a food processor, combine coconut, egg whites, sugar, salt, and vanilla; process until combined and coconut is finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to pan, pressing firmly and smoothing top.
- Bake until top is deep golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cool, invert pan and peel off parchment paper from macaroons; cut into small bites (I divided mine into 6 rows in each direction creating 36 bites).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1/4 cup at a time, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is just about completely melted.
- Dip the bottom portion of each macaroon into the melted chocolate.
- Arrange macaroons chocolate side up, on prepared parchment sheet.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, approximately 20 minutes.
- Enjoy your little bites of happiness!
Adapted from Everyday Food April 2010
Looking for more chocolate & coconut?
Make sure you check out these too…
Robin’s Egg Nests
Cassidy @ Freshly Planted says
Yum! This is my favorite combination :)
:) me too now!!! Thanks Cassidy!! xx
I could eat 20 of these right now! LOL
hehe I may have ;) xx