Do you need some fab for your fingers?! Something that doesn’t cost the price of a car but that is a GIANT jewel! Don’t wait for the bling to come to you – make your own!
A Bejeweled DIY Statement Ring!
This loveliness has been weighing in my idea bank for a while, so I finally bit the bullet & put it into creation action! So happy I did – this was BEYOND easy & I adore it!! It’s a whole lot of fab for very little dough. I love the organic aspect of it too (aka the air bubbles I didn’t smooth out ;), it is very earthy-concrete-esque-jewel-like, which to me looks more natural & fun :)
What you’ll need…
- Jewel Mold
- Crayola Air Dry Clay
- gold, silver, copper acrylic paint
- ring base
- E6000® craft glue
- super fine grit sand paper
- paint brush
- wax paper
- Sculpting Tool Set
How to make it…
- Fill your jewel mold with clay in the desired shapes.
- Mold the clay into the shape, pressing with your fingers or sculpting tools to remove as many bubbles as possible.
- Let dry 6-8 hours then pop out of the molding tray, smooth the edges with your fingers.
- Let dry until completely dry on wax paper – could be anywhere from 24 to 48 hours.
- Once dry, use the super fine sand paper and smooth the edges further, to desired style.
- Once smooth, paint desired color, then let dry completely.
- Once dry from the paint, using the E6000 glue, glue the base of the jewel to the round flat pad atop of the ring.
- Let dry over night.
Of course I had to make a matching mini one for V too! My little mini me :)
What shape will you DIY bling for your new Bejeweled DIY Statement Ring?!
Like what you see?!
You can connect with me on:
And don’t miss any updates…
© Mama Miss. All images & content are copyright protected.
Feel free to share ONE picture and linking directly to this post for download.
Please do not copy directions, ingredients, or pdf files for your own website or Facebook page, visuals or words.
Copying my post partially, or fully, is strictly prohibited.
All work by Mama Miss is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.