You want to know what V loves more than apples?
(well, usually, yesterday morning not so much – let’s just say there was a battle of the wills)
Apples colored and flavored with Jello – yum!
These dried Jello Apple Chips only require two ingredients – apples & Jello, and are easily baked in the oven.
This healthy snack is also very fun for the kiddos to help you make & to help you eat!
YAY for easy, don’t worry I got your back in the easy-peasy department.
Great quote moment alert: “It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” – Amelia Barr
Isn’t that the truth – when you read into something too much or over-think something it always ends very complicated. Amen, Amelia Barr!
Well, I’m keeping it simple today with these Jello Apple Chips :)
These dried apple chips only require two ingredients – apples & Jello, and are easily baked in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 225° F.
- Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an apple corer, core out and discard the center of each apple.
- Slice each apple into uniformly thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet close together, but not overlapping.
- Sprinkle a very light layer of desired color Jello flavoring on the slices, covering them evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes; After baking, remove pan from oven.
- Using tongs flip over each apple slice; Bake for another 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then transfer to an airtight container (or eat them :).
- The final texture should be pliable (not crispy).
Adapted from Our Best Bites.
What favorite foods do your kiddos love to eat?
Like what you see?!
You can connect with me on:
Pinterest|Facebook|Twitter|Google + too!
© Mama Miss. All images & content are copyright protected.
Feel free to share one picture and linking directly to this post for download.
Please do not copy directions, ingredients, or pdf files for your own website.
Copying my post partially, or fully, is strictly prohibited.
All work by Mama Miss is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Those are so cool! I’ve never seen that before. What a fun idea :) And I have to say, I’m loving your new site! So much easier to navigate! Thanks for linking up to Throwback Thursday :)
Thanks Britni!!! :) Hopefully I’m getting back into the swing of things now :)
xx ♥ m
This is really a neat idea! I need to try them!
You should mom – yummo!!!! You could do it with sugar-free Jello too for a lighter alternative :)
xx ♥ m