so, what’s cookie butter – oh once you go cookie butter you never go back – spoonful, after spoonful will make their way to your lips, it’s not a premonition, it’s a fact.
Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter is kind of a cross between Nutella & Biscoff, kinda?! You know what they taste EXACTLY like?! Those windmill cookies from my childhood my Grammy always used to buy. Yes, by golly that’s it – I’ve nailed the taste – oooey gooey windmill cookie spread – oh my!
So, it was only that with time, that I began experimenting with it in baking. Well, after I bought a couple more containers because that first one disappeared & I have no idea where it went ;)
Introducing Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies – oh yeah!!!
These Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies will MELT IN YOUR MOUTH with deliciousness. One handful is simply not enough.
- Combine powdered sugar and ground Nilla wafers in a large sealed bag. Shake bag to evenly combine the two. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine cookie butter, white chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute then stir. Continue to heat in microwave in 30 second increments, until mixture has just started to melt, careful to not overheat & burn. Once mixture has started to melt, mix together with spoon to blend - mixture will be thick.
- In a large bowl add rice Chex & spread cookie butter mixture over the cereal. Using your hands blend the two together very gently, to coat the cereal with the cookie butter mixture. This will take a few minutes.
- Once combined thoroughly, using a spatula, pour coated Rice Chex mixture into sealed bag with powdered sugar/Nilla wafer crumbs that was set aside earlier. Seal the bag once again and shake the bag to evenly coat all the cereal with the sugar/cookie mixture.
- Once combined, let mixture cool for about 15 minuted so that it completely adheres to the rice cereal.
Adapted from Chef In Training
Like what you see?!
You can connect with me on:
Pinterest || Facebook || Twitter || Google +
© Mama Miss. All images & content are copyright protected.
Feel free to share one picture and linking directly to this post for download.
Please do not copy directions, ingredients, or pdf files for your own website or Facebook page.
Copying my post partially, or fully, is strictly prohibited.
All work by Mama Miss is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
[…] Get the dish for these Cookie Butter Muddy Friends here. […]
[…] Get the dish for these Cookie Butter Muddy Pals here. […]